Welcome Parents and Musicians!
* There will be no Music Parents Committee Meeting on Wednesday March 7th, 2018. The next meeting will be Wednesday April 4th, 2018. *
Please bookmark this page and visit regularly to stay up to date on MPC’s activities and to learn about upcoming meetings, fundraisers and volunteering opportunities for parents.
For over 20 years, the MPC of the Burnaby Central has supported the students enrolled in the Band and Choral Programs, and their educators.
Parents who attend MPC meetings:
- Are first to know about upcoming events (field trips, concerts);
- Hear from the music directors about students’ progress and success;
- Work with the MPC Executive and Music Directors to ensure that the Music Department thrives and continues to offer an enriching musical experience; and
- Can feel proud that their involvement in the MPC directly benefits the musicians of Burnaby Central.
Thanks to MPC’s on-going fundraising endeavours, music students can look forward to visits from amazing clinicians, music festivals, performing in professional venues, new instruments, scholarships, and an endless supply of sheet music.
“Without the support of the Music Parents’ Committee, your child’s music education at Central would not be as enriching, nor as rewarding.” R.Shier
2017-2018 MPC EXECUTIVE
Kellee Mulhern – Chair
Paulette Gray – Co-chair / Secretary
Lydia Dooley – Treasurer
Christina Ollson – Member-at-Large