As you may have seen, the province has released health and safety guidance for K-12 settings, which are very similar to what was in place when the school year ended. You can find links to the full public health documents on the Burnaby School District website and more information here. Below are some of the key pieces from those guidelines provided by the BC Centre for Disease Control and the Ministry of Education and Child Care.
- Health Check. It remains critical that people continue to practice a health check to determine if they should come into the building that day. Please do not come to school sick. As previously, if a student becomes ill while at school, the office will contact you to pick up your child. More information to support health awareness, including a link to symptoms of COVID-19 can be found here.
- Masks. The decision to wear a mask is a personal choice for staff, students, and visitors. A person’s choice is to be supported and respected.
- Cleaning. Surfaces are cleaned and/or disinfected at least once a day.
- Hand Hygiene. We will continue to encourage students to wash and/or sanitize their hands frequently.
- Personal Space. Students will be supported to respect one another’s personal space.
- Vaccination. Guidance from the BC Centre for Disease Control is that vaccines remain important protection tools; as such, public health encourages all students and staff to be up to date on all recommended vaccines for communicable diseases, including COVID-19 vaccines.