Registration for the 2023/24 school year opens in February 2023.

To complete an online preliminary registration please click here

For more information on registrations in Burnaby please click here.


The student and guardian must both be living in B.C. to register.

The following documents are required for registration:

  1. Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport).
  2. Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate legal documentation such as landed immigrant paper, guardianship order or dependents listed don CRA document).   Documentation must name both the child and guardian. A short-form birth certificate without the guardian’s name is not proof of guardianship.
  3. Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student (Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, notice of decision, permanent resident card).
  4. Proof of residency. The parent or guardian and student must be ordinarily resident in British Columbia. Documentation must include two items, at least one being from Category A.
  • Category A: proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling; legal documents indicating BC residence; parent or guardian government issued tax statement.  Rental agreements must be complete documents (not just the first page) and be signed by the landlord and tenant.  Tax documents are acceptable when they are official CRA documents; an unconfirmed tax form filled out by a parent is not proof of residency.
  • Category B: BC hydro bill, internet/cable bill, Provincial driver’s license, provincial registration of automobile, Canadian bank accounts or credit cards.

The registration is not complete if any of the above documents are incomplete or missing.

The school may request additional documentation if staff are unsure whether the documents provided have met the criteria for registering.



To complete a cross or out-of-district transfer application for the 2023/24 school year please click here.



The AVPA Program, offered here at Burnaby Central Secondary, gives elite athletes and performers the ability to balance their rigorous practice/performance schedule with a strong academic program.

If you live in Burnaby but are out of the Central catchment or you live outside of Burnaby, please submit a Cross District or Out-of-District Application form with your AVPA Application.  An AVPA Application without the appropriate Cross District or Out-of-District Application will not be accepted.



*Please note: Students coming to Burnaby Central for the BWC Academy or the Vancouver WhiteCaps REX Academy Programs do not need to apply to be in the AVPA Program. Coaching staff for both academies will reach out to Burnaby Central with respective new players.*