Students must reside within the Burnaby Central Secondary School Catchment as well as reside with their parents, legal guardian, or custodial guardian. Please call the school office at 604-296-6850 to arrange an appointment or for any inquiries.
Please bring the following documentation:
1. Proof of birth date for the student (birth certificate or passport)
2. Proof of guardianship (parents’ or guardians’ as shown on birth certificate or other appropriate
legal document such as landed immigrant paper or guardianship order)
Note: A notarized custodial guardian appointment is not the same as a guardianship order granted by the courts
3. Proof of citizenship for both the parent and the student
(Canadian birth certificate, citizenship card, passport, landed immigrant document, permanent resident
4. Proof of residency of the parent or guardian and student
This must include two items. At least one being from Category A below
- proof of ownership of dwelling or long-term lease or rental of dwelling
- legal document indicating BC residence
- parent or guardian filing income tax return as a BC resident
- BC Hydro Bill, BC cable bill
- Provincial driver’s licence, provincial registration of automobile
- Canadian bank accounts or credit cards
5. Immunization records
6. Copy of the student’s most recent school marks (including summer school), such as:
a. An official copy of marks from the student’s Permanent Record Card; or
b. The student’s most recent report card; or
c. A transcript of academic record; or
d. A transfer with marks
Parents or guardian must accompany their child to the registration appointment.
Cross District/Out-of-District Transfer Application Forms will be accepted February 1st to 27th*, 2020. Applications received after February 27th, 2020 will be placed on a waiting list.
*Please note that schools will be closed on February 28 while staff attend Professional Development.