Burnaby School District IT Services is pleased to announce the release of a new Self-Service Password Reset portal.
- allows any user (Staff or Student) to register their current account and determine appropriate security questions/answers (including 2-factor authentication if desired)
- any staff member can log in and change the password for any student. There is no need to use the SchoolConnect Teacher Tools for this purpose any longer.
- this tool is designed not only to allow password reset when its forgotten but to change a password at any time if desired. For example, in our pilot schools some staff use the tool to change their password to match their MyEd BC passwords for consistency
- a reset changes both district network and Microsoft 365 (m365) passwords
- our move to m365 has created the need to match our district password strength to the enterprise security level of m365. Users of the reset portal will need to create a password that meets the new default requirements
We strongly encourage all staff & students to visit the portal and set their security questions/answers via the About Me link. This is a requirement in order to use the reset tool and only takes a couple minutes.
Please note, there is no need to change your password at this time but we do recommend registering your account via the About Me screen so you can use the tool in the event a reset or password change is required.