UBC’s Engineering and Science Program for kids is recruiting Junior Instructors for their summer programs. Interested Grade 10 and 11 students are invited to apply by June 8th. Visit geeringup.ca/volunteer to apply or send email inquiries to email@example.com.
What's New @ Central
Registration is now open for online courses that can be taken and completed this summer. Courses being offered include:
Career Life Education 10, Physical Education 10, French 11, Introductory Spanish 11, Spanish 11, BC First Nations Studies 12, Communications 12, Geography 12, History 12, ICT 12 Modular Survey, and ICT 12 Programming.
Visit https://online.burnabyschools.ca/ for more information or to register.
The 2018-2019 District Student Advisory Council is looking for motivated and interested students to put in applications for the next year’s council. DSAC is a group of 45 grade 9-12 students from Burnaby’s 8 high schools and alternate programs. The DSAC works on leadership activities, connects high schools together through organized events, promotes student voice in education, liaises with a number of district committees, and does some fund-raising for a local charity through organizing Burnaby’s Got Talent Event each year.
Are you energetic?
Do you have leadership skills or want to develop leadership skills?
Do you work well with others?
Do you have time in a busy schedule to attend monthly meetings at Burnaby Central Secondary School?
Do you want to support your school community?
Are you also looking for a challenge beyond your school community?
Do you enjoy creating projects and working to see them come to life?
If this describes who you are or who you would like to be, please come to the main office for an application form for next years council.
If you have any questions please see Ms. McGinley-VP
Applications are due on Monday June 4th, 2018 at 9:00am.
FRIDAY, MAY 18 IS YOUR LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR DRY GRAD TICKETS!!! – TICKETS ARE $60 AND INLCUDE ACCESS TO SOME AWESOME ACTIVITIES SUCH AS SKATING, BUBBLE SOCCER, KARAOKE, CARICATURES, THE HURRICANE MONEY BOOTH AND OF COURSE THE MECHANICAL BULL! There will be cash prizes and great food! Best of all you get to hang out with your friends and have some fun! So let’s keep the party going after graduation dinner and buy your tickets as soon as possible. YOU CAN BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW AT THE OFFICE OR ON THE SCHOOL CASH WEBSITE.
Welcome to the MyEducationBC Parent Portal. Having access to the Family Portal will allow you to see grades, attendance, report cards and other information about your child(ren).
**This will be permanently pinned to the front page of the school website under the new “PARENT INFORMATION” section on the right hand side of the ‘Home’ screen.
Before you start:
** To access the MyEducation BC system for the first time, you must use a computer, NOT a phone, iPad, or tablet.
** Make sure popups are enabled for your browser.
** Both user name and password are case sensitive. The password is 4 letters, 3 numbers, 4 letters.
** Each parent/guardian will have their own separate account in the Family Portal.
**If you have not received your user name and temporary password, please click here: Family Portal access request
To Access the Parent Portal:
- Navigate to myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen This link is also available on our website under Quick Links “Family Portal Login”
- Enter your user name and password then click Log On. You will have received an email with this information.
- You will receive a message indicating that your password has expired
- Create a new password, carefully following the password criteria that is listed on the screen
- Make sure that you get a confirmation message that your password has been accepted before proceeding.
- Be sure to enter your email address and security question. This will allow you to use the “I forgot my password” feature in the future.
- Choose a security question that you will never forget.
- The Burnaby School District has produced reference materials for parents related to logging in and general portal use. These can be viewed at http://blogs.sd41.bc.ca/myedbc/parentresources/ .
*For best results, use Internet Explorer or Firefox.
*If you mistype your password 5 times, the system will automatically lock your account. After 4 failed attempts click the blue “I forgot my password” link on the log-on screen.
- The program will ask for your email address as well as the answer to your security question.
- If you answer it correctly, a new temporary password will be sent to your email account.
- If you mistype the answer to your security question 3 times, the “I forgot my password” function will be frozen. In this case, please phone the school at 604-296-6850.
- Retrieve the temporary password from your email account and use it to log on to the Parent Portal. You will then be asked to create a new password.
*If you do get locked out, please click on this link to email for re-activation: Please re-activate my Account or call the school at 604-296-6850.
*If you notice any demographic changes that need to be made, please email Demographic change or call the school at 604-296-6850.
*For all other issues, please click here: Portal assistance needed or call the school at 604-296-6850.
- May 17, 2018 No Comments
- May 10, 2018 No Comments
- May 10, 2018 No Comments
- May 7, 2018 No Comments
- May 4, 2018 No Comments
- May 1, 2018 No Comments
- May 1, 2018 No Comments
- April 30, 2018 No Comments
- April 25, 2018 No Comments
- April 21, 2018 No Comments