Beyond STEM is having a “STEMINAR” on Saturday January 19th. www.beyondstem.co, has event information on it, as well as registration link.
Students can register at https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/steminar-2019-tickets-51274606729
Afterwards, they will be emailed a link to choose their workshops and preorder food.
Students can also register on the day at the event, but they are not guaranteed their preferred workshops.
First 100 Students who register will be entered in a $100 Amazon Gift Card prize draw!
What's New @ Central
JANUARY 17TH, @ 6PM
DON’T MISS OUT ON CENTRAL’S TEXTILES STUDENTS SHOWCASING THEIR PROJECTS AND PERFORMANCES FROM OUR FINE ARTS STUDENTS.
Featuring grads, Nicole Bizovie and Naili Salami Senior Collections
ALL PROCEEDS GO TOWARDS THE TEXTILES SCHOLARSHIP
This program is sponsored by Chor Leoni. It is a 10 week program that culminates in a concert at the Chan Center. The 10 classes are taught by Mrs. Taylor (our Choir Instructor) here in Central’s Choir room on Tuesday evenings from 7pm-9pm.
Stay Tuned for the Concert date!
The Staff and Students of Burnaby Central Secondary would like to invite you to attend our Open House/Course Selection Evening on Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 from 6:00 to 8:00 PM.
Our Open House will include:
- Presentation for Incoming Gr.8 students from 6:00 – 6:30 PM in the Large Gym
- Information for Parents of Incoming Grade 8 students with Exceptional Leaning Needs (LSS) 6:30-7:00pm.
- Course Selection Presentation for Current Gr. 8-11 students from 7:00 – 7:30 PM in the Large Gym
- Department & Special Program Displays
- Student Performances and Sports Events
- An opportunity to tour our school
**SOME DEPARTMENTS WILL HAVE ELECTRONIC COPIES OF THEIR HANDOUTS ONLY. HAVING A QR CODE READER ON YOUR SMART PHONE WILL BE BENEFICIAL TO ACCESS THESE FILES**
If you are interested in applying to attend Burnaby Central but do not live in our catchment area, please complete a Cross District Transfer Form or an Out of District Transfer Form and submit it to the school office by February 28th. Click Here to be directed to the School District registration site where these forms are available for download.
Grade 10 & 11 students, and their parents, are invited to attend this event to learn more about Burnaby School District’s many excellent programs that focus on specific career areas such as Trades, Technology, Health Sciences, Fine Arts, Fitness and many more
When: Wednesday, January 23, 6:30 pm
Where: Burnaby Central
Who: Grade 10 & 11 students and parents
What: opportunity to meet teachers and students from these excellent programs AND to sample delicious treats made by Central’s own Professional Cooks Program
- January 17, 2019 No Comments
- January 15, 2019 No Comments
- January 14, 2019 No Comments
- January 11, 2019 No Comments
- January 9, 2019 No Comments
- January 9, 2019 No Comments
- January 8, 2019 No Comments
- January 7, 2019 No Comments
- January 6, 2019 No Comments
- January 1, 2019 No Comments